Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dilitation

What a descriptive word. This is what they did to my small bowel today, a dilitation. Apparently it was successful and I have avoided surgery this time. I have new medication to try and I really want to see a dietician. I am extremely tired though. The prednisone I am on has insomnia as a side effect. So even though I can't keep my eyes open, I can't fall asleep either. It is extremely frustrating. Yet, one benefit, I have lots of alone time late at night to get some writing done on my Readiness Materials. Lots of opportunities to reflect on the past few weeks as well.

My body just feels off right now, but I feel that my spirit and mind are as sharp as ever. Spiritually I feel better than I have in a long time while my body is really struggling. I miss running and really need to get back on the road. My last run was alongside Lake Michigan in Chicago the day before I got sick.

So, I see the doc again in a couple of weeks to change meds and to go from there. Someone did ask me the other day if I still was going ahead with my plans to pursue CPE supervisor education. Hell yeah I plan to still pursue it. This illness can do a lot to me, but it will never keep me from living my life. If I can pursue it, I will. So, I plan to move forward.

Not much more to say tonight. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment