Friday, April 30, 2010

Holding on to Water

I put a note in Jayme's lunchbox this morning. Nothing big, just a little thing to say, "Hey, I love you." I don't do it enough. Hardly ever. We have such a finite amount of time to tell those around us we love them. We let so many opportunities fall through our grasp, like holding on to water. Life is so impermanent like that. It is like holding on to water. No matter how hard you try to cup your hands together, water will always find a way around and out of your grasp.

I guess I don't want to get caught trying so desperately to hold on to my life like that. I'd rather be o.k. with it going wherever it is it is going to go. I saw Eian today just dancing. No pretense or care for form, just pure unadulterated joy at moving his body to a song that tickled his dancing bone. I love that. I need more of that in my life. The ability to just let the music of life touch me and send me to dancing. If I can do that, I think I would find more awareness of the beautiful moments around me to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment