Friday, December 10, 2010

Surgery

I'm not even sure what to write really. So many emotions swirling in me.

Today I learned that I have several small bowel strictures that will need to be removed surgically. This won't be an easy surgery. The tissue will also have to be examined to rule out lymphoma of the small bowel.

I spent this evening with my family at the "tower lighting" in Round Rock. It was fun despite the fact I struggled physically. Still struggling.

I'm scared and I am not at all well.
I don't even know what to think about this whole thing. I just know I feel down, scared, and uncertain about my future. Hopeful? Sure, but tempered by the reality of having Chrohn's Disease. This is the beginning of major shift in my illness trajectory. The impact on myself and my family is very real. Figuring out where my support is and where God is in this is going to be the challenge. I go to God in prayer.

Enough for now, I'm hurting too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment